My passion to WRITE preceeds me, My urge to be RIGHT defeats me, Certainly, my intent not to be WRONG, guides me. This is my journal, abt life. Abt how I see life. Pls dispute me if you may!...I don't want anyone to agree with me...totally.

Sunday, May 03, 2020

Personal Branding, Product Branding, Corporate Branding

DISCLAIMER:   I AM NOT AN EXPERT ON THIS TOPIC. BUT I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. OR MAY BE NOT.

A friend recently asked how to come up with a brandname? Or how do I coined company names for myself or for others that I have done so far?
So I responded by questioning:
  • what do you expire for yr products n services?or
  • even the company? and 
  • the target group.?

Personally, as individual it matters how I conduct my business without promoting myself. Hence, I hardly promote myself or want personal branding. If ever, I only present my value through grit, honesty and integrity.

If it comes to my credentials that I present in business meetings, it is meant only to showcase my team's ability and gives some assurance. It is not an attempt to promote myself. But what and how we can deliver - with our experiences.

Product branding has a lifespan. Remember SUDICOLA of Sudirman Hj Arshad? He has good personal branding...but the products died together with him  - almost instantly.

Company name may also be a brandname that may last forever and may be difficult to change along the way. 

I am not sure what is it called?
But i call it CORPORATE BRANDING. I prefer corporate branding away from personal n products branding.
I never remember Bill Gates, Steve Jobs or even Warren Buffet talked or promoted themselves. But since their company n products moved so well...people want to know more about them and so it is the people who promote them.

There are many ridiculous brandnames out there that made it big because they have the money to push their brands. Eg. LIMKOKWING University... FCUK...etc...oops.

Many entrepreneurs make up their biz strategies and stories along the way. It shows versatility and flexibility. While failing is most unfortunate, nothing beats the resilience and rigor that entrepreneurs have to come out from failures.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home