My passion to WRITE preceeds me, My urge to be RIGHT defeats me, Certainly, my intent not to be WRONG, guides me. This is my journal, abt life. Abt how I see life. Pls dispute me if you may!...I don't want anyone to agree with me...totally.

Friday, August 05, 2005

Announcement - Projek Cermin : Sejuta Puisi

Greetings,

I'm embarking on a regional book project called Project CERMIN : Sejuta Puisi. The writers of this book will be of Malaysia's, Indonesia's and Singapore's. Yup, it will be in Malay or rather I would say BAHASA SERANTAU i.e bahasa malaysia, bahasa melayu atau bahasa Indonesia.

This project is NOT just another antology Puisi to furnish the Book Shelves in the Book stores. But rather, it is an effort to produce a Book of Knowledge on Regional Poems (in malay / malaysia / indonesia) that will assist in influencing the proper usage of BAHASA SERANTAU ( I called it) - besides the obvious reason(s) in appreciating regional poems itself.

It is not a HARD and FAST rules though, but it will be somekind of a brief guide (and hopefully a Good one too) towards writing Poems in Regional Languages.

The 1st section of the book will talk abt the different flair of regional malay languages and some theories in writing Puisi and / or even the usage of malay words in this region. Yup, it will be based on a well researched materials (secondary / literature research though) in the First section.

While the 2nd section will focus on the 100 to 150 of newly fresh poems contributed by writers around this region.

If you have whatever it takes to contribute - Poems i.e. and you are from this region, pls participate. But ya, only in Bahasa Malay, bahasa Indonesia or even bahasa Malaysia.

And even if you are NOT a malay and not in this region but would want to contribute your Poems in the regional language - please do and do not hesitate. Not english though.

Closing date of Submission ? 30th August 2005
expected launching in Singapore, malaysia and Indonesia January 2006

For more information, pls visit the newly created blogsite for this purpose(s):

http://cermiin.blogspot.com/

I do NEED MORE of Malaysia and Singapore Poets (or wanna be) to participate. (not that I'm shortage of materials, but shortage of Malaysia's and Singapore's writers.

So, don't wait. Pick up that pen and start writing..and ya submit. Check out the Cermin Blogsite ok - for regular updates.

Thank you.

/dzan
5th Aug 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home